In our VLAN based network file transfer is very slow.
The network is of Cisco 3560 L3 switch, which connects to the 25nos of cisco 2960 series switches.
1. All the trunk uplinks had been set at full duplex and 1000Mbps as per port.
2.Inter and Intra vlan ping response for individual host initially it takes 20ms & later it <1ms, same it at the time of file transfer also, but file not copied.
3. Spanning tree portfast is not enabled on L2 switch access ports. Can i enable it?
4. Show interface of L2 or L3 uplink port indiacated maximum number of broadcast and multicast packets as 73476
5. Analysis of capturing packets at the time of n/w traffic flows-
5.1 No evidence of individual host broadcast or muticast traffic, it broadcast for host only.
5.2 Some time it shows Protocol Identifier: Spanning Tree Protocol (0x0000)
5.3 No flooding of ARP traffic
Kindly give the solution:
1. Why file transfer slows in VLAN if ICMP response OK?
2. Can i enable all L2 access ports for
spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
spanning-tree guard root
3. Or any configuration to be changed in existing L2/L3network?
See attached files for configuration.