cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adsl1/adsl2

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there are any issues with using an ADSL1 Card on an ADSL2 Line?

Apart from Speed Issue of couse?

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tom,

ADSL2+ is backward compatible with ADSL1 but ADSL2 is not.

depending on your device a firmware upgrade can restore connectivity.

see the similar thread under "getting started with lan"

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20LANs&topicID=.ee7c7c1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd40c48

Hope to help

Giuseppe

thanks Giuseppe,

We have connectivity, but one of are three ADSL lines keeps droping out (not ruled out the Line yet though).

All was fine from 1600 hours yesterday til 0600 hours today (only dropping once between them) since then it drops about 2 -3 times an hour.

Our setup is a Load Balanced for you info.

regards

tom

Hello Tom,

sh dsl interface atm x/y

for the line that experiences drops it may have a low noise margin

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi Giuseppe,

attach is the output th SNR at the time is 3.5/9 db which is low but we hav had ones of about 9

the other two interfaces are 8/9 and 9/9.

regards

tom

hi

some more information

When the line is down run show int dialer 3(dialer for lie) and it shows the interface up but the virual-access interface is down.

i then run sh ds int atm0/2/0 (the card connected to the line) it show the line stats

Are the line stats cached in any sort of way?

Also could send logs and debugs messages to a external SYSLOG server have an effect?

regards

tom

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

An ADSL1 card will work with an ADSL2 line however I've come across a similar issue of the line dropping.

ADSL2, because of the higher speed, is much more sensitive to noise on the line that may not have affected it when it was ADSL1.

We had to get our ISP to continue to drop the line speed until it became stable.

Probably not what you want to hear, it may not be the same issue, just my 2cents worth!!

***EDIT*** I've just read the post properly and realised this isn't the issue you're having - sorry, I confused myself!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card