cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console option - CUCM6

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

Could somebody give me a brief history of AC and current CUCM6 options pls.

I seem to recall attendant console was a free download for CM4 (is this correct?) but I now see the AC options (dept, bus and ent) are chargeable.

There is also a UC Assistant which looks like it may cover some of the AC features, I'm not sure how much this differs to the AC variants at the moment. Is the assistant a free download and if so does anybody have a link as the current link seems to be broken. Possibly due to the downloads site change shortly, but that doesn't help me as I may need this software today.

There is also a mention AC 1.4, is this the old AC that was used for CM4 .. and is this only compatible with CM4?

Regards

Jed

5 Replies 5

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

OK, progressed slightly in that I now see Assistant is a plugin download and AC is a download in CUCM6.

Jed

In short, up to CUCM 6.X for upgrade or fresh install AC is available to download.

In CUCM 7.X you only get AC for upgrades and if you had it configured and installed before, not for new installs. If you want an AC for CUCM 7.X fresh installs use a CUxAC.

Free AC wil be permanently gone with 8.X release and only CUxACs will be available, if you you look attendant console on CCO you'll get info on the new clients and capabilities if you're interested.

Clients are per version so you download them in the plugin page.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

This is a CUCM 6 install so I think from what's being said I should be ok to install AC on the client? It may not be wise as it's going EOL but that's a seperate issue.

I'm struggling to find the download link for AC though ... I've found the Assistant link (http://CUCM_IP/ma/desktop/maLogin.jsp) but this is failing. I'm not sure if I'd see AC under this link too?

I assume that CUCM doesn't have the software available currently hence the download link fals?

Jed

AC is under CCMAdmin plugins menu, there was a download link on CCO but that was for 7.X and by now it should not be there or should not allow you to download anything.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Unified Attendant Console (CUAC) has reached End of Sale. This was a free feature that shipped with UCM. The plug-in you are referring to was the installable client for attendant workstations. All of the necessary back-end services ran on the UCM servers. If you are doing a new UCM cluster installation, using CUAC will violate your Cisco licensing agreement.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/end_of_life_notice_c51-499091.html

CUAC has been replaced with CUxAC where x is Department/Business/Enterprise. This is a chargeable product and typically requires an independent server running Windows 2003 which you must also purchase. The department version can run on an operator's workstation if needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: