Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Failover Configuration

mike083108
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am configuring failover on my primary Unity 7.0(2) server with ES20 patch. When i run the failover configuration program I get this error and it exits out.

FAILED TO VERIFY THAT MICROSOFT SQL SERVER IS INSTALLED ON THIS SERVER. ENSURE THAT SQL SERVER, NOT SQL MSDE IS INSTALLED BEFORE RUNNING THIS WIZARD.

However, I have SQL Server 2000 installed.

From the GUSI

SQL Version = Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2282: unknown SP

SQL Edition= Desktop Engine

Windows version = 5.2 Build 3790: Service Pack 2

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, do as instructed and install full SQL.

DE stands for Desktop Engine and look:

SQL Edition= Desktop Engine

If you were using SQL you would see:

SQL Edition= Standard Edition

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I had a feeling that was it. My secondary server says standard edition. Guess I didnt build them the same exact way afterall.

Aparently not, weird you ended up with one server with MSDE and other with SQL.

Upgrading and Downgrading SQL Server 2000 and MSDE 2000

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge160.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

What probably happened is that you specified under 32 ports on the install which will automatically install MSDE instead of full SQL. The version of SQL installed depends on the amount of ports you plan to have on the server. To get around this, I just do the SQL install at the time it asks to do it on CUICA and do it independently instead of through CUICA. Once you do that and restart CUICA, it will assume the SQL is done and skip to the next step. Hope that helps you.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: