cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC over SSL VPN (anyconnect)

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

Has anyone got this working? I have presence 7 and ASA 8.2.1 and can not get presence information to flow over the vpn using the ssl client(anyconnect), although the CUPC does connect to the server and can make voice calls. If i connect to the same asa using the Cisco IPSEC vpn client it works fine. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a lot of trouble getting even IPC to work with anyconnect. I think SSL may not work for these types of apps, but I have yet to find anything that supports this. As soon as I used cisco vpn, CUPC, IPC, etc works fine.

I'm still having trouble as well. I have a case open with tac, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue. The funny thing is it seems to work on a Mac (OS X).

CUPC works with current versions of AnyConnect and ASA code. We run it with ASA 8.2 and AnyConnect 2.3.2016 for example.

One thing to check is that you are allowing traffic from your inside/trusted interface to the AnyConnect subnet/pool.

I have a customer who has issues with IPC over Anyconnect, and again the VPN client works fine. Cany you tell me if 2.3.2016 works for the IPC?  Currently they have 8.2(2) on the ASA and anyconnect-win-2.5.3054-k9.pkg.  I'm wondering, since upgrading didn't work, if downgrading to the version you use would.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: