Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Web Caching Solution

pvasquesc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I need a high availability web caching solution for 500 users, preferential with proxy funcionality.

Cisco had the Cisco Web Caching Engine, but it is End-of-Sales already. The new product that will replace the EOS product, is Wide Area Application Engine (WAE) plataforms. Is that right?

The Cisco Global Price List has a SKU product SE512-IPROXY-K9 (Security / iProxy WAE-512 bundle, 1GB MEM, 1 250GB HDD Incl.).

The question are:

The SKU product SE512-IPROXY-K9 is the right product for my needs?

What is the difference between the SKU SE512-IPROXY-K9 and the SKU WAE-512-K9?

Regards,

Pedro Vasques

1 Reply 1

nchidamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pedro,

The WAE product line does WAN Optimization which includes HTTP optimization. The WAN Optimization solution works between two WAEs (one being at a Branch office and the other being at Data Center ). When employees at branch office tries to access resources like Servers at Data Center their TCP based traffic gets optimized. For more info pl go to http://www.cisco.com/go/waas

Cisco's Web Caching was a different solution. It caches the web objects when first user goes to a given web site. The following user requests will be served locally as long as cache history is available for that web page.

I suggest you contact either a Cisco partner or Cisco representative in your area.

thanks

Nat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: