cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Server

kzhen
Level 1
Level 1

All the devices, including Cisco routers and switches, sun servers are connected to the terminal server, and we are able to login through the terminal server, but We have a NetApps server FAS3040 connected to the Cisco terminal server and we are not able to login it. If we connect the laptop to the NetApps server through the Cisco blue console cable, we are able to login from the Hype terminal.We have changed to different cables (straight or crossover), DB 9 terminator on the NetApps server, but no luck. We are wondering it may be the pinout issue, but it is not sucessful. Does anyone know about this? Please advise.

Here is the part of the Cisco terminal server configuration.

line 97 112

exec-timeout 15 0

password cisco

transport input all

stopbits 1

Please advise.

3 Replies 3

wonderpug
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue here. Terminal server is sending garbish characters to my server once its connected. Does anyone have any idea where I should nail it down the problem? Thanks!

tary

Giberish characters being displayed is typically the symptom of mismatched speed setting. Can you verify what speed the server is expecting? If so you should configure the speed of that line in the term server to match what is expected by the server.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Moving to different port I am able to solve this issue. But now it always returns "disconnect by forein host". I have a feeling. The port number is not match with the cable that connect to the card. Is there anyway i can verify that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: