LMS 3.1 & 6509: Device collection failed

Answered Question

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me with this strange problem before creating a TAC case.

Today we upgraded a couple of 6509/SUP720's from 12.2(18)SXF to 12.2(33)SXI1. Both devices needed a 512meg CF upgrade. After upgrading the boxes, RME couldn't do Inventory Collections for the upgraded devices. The collection fails with the error "Device Collection Failed." Only upgraded devices suffer from this problem. We're running LMS 3.1 (RME 4.1.1) with all the latest updates. I already did a "Device Update" through CS.

I've tried deleting and readding the device through CS, both import/export and manual. It didn't help, inventory collection keeps failing.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I've included IC_server.log with debug logging enabled.

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 8 months ago

12.2(33)SXI causes problems with inventory collection. The bug is CSCsx58694. A patch for RME 4.2 is available from TAC, but I haven't seen one created for RME 4.1.1.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 07/21/2009 - 09:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

12.2(33)SXI causes problems with inventory collection. The bug is CSCsx58694. A patch for RME 4.2 is available from TAC, but I haven't seen one created for RME 4.1.1.

Actions

This Discussion