Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 dual language

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Can the UC520 support dual language for the auto-attendant, for example, giving the caller an option for Spanish or English?

Thanks.

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tomoo Esaka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, by using CCA 2.0 you can simply configure 2 AA or one multi-level AA, with one AA or menu tree using prompts recorded in Spanish and the other using prompts recorded in English. Note that if you want to use Voicemail or IP phones with multi-language in UC500, you will need to use CLI, outside of CCA.

Rgds,

Tomoo

View solution in original post

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this question has been asked/answered on the support community already.  Click Here for details.

Best Regards,

Glenn

No problem, glad to point you in the right direction!  I've found that by varying search words and criteria I can usually find what I'm looking for...

Rgds,

Glenn

Please see below for reponse:

1. Cisco does not have the prompts and scripts I can download to use for dual language support - I have to create both the audio files and the scripts

With respect to AA prompts, I would think most people would want to customize anyway to match company name, store hours, etc, so Cisco does not post canned foreign language AA prompts. With respect to scripts, CCA includes multi-level or standalone scripts that can be localized by plugging in the non-English AA prompts you would record.

Voicemail system prompts are provided by Cisco and can be installed using CCA. However CCA does not support dual-language voicemail, so you will have to stick to English or Spanish for your voicemail prompts

2. The customized prompts can only be recorded from within the office location and not from an outside call.

The UC500 prompt management system can record prompts over any voice call. You would just need to configure incoming call to route to prompt management extension using CCA. Or you can register a CIPC softphone over VPN and dialin to the prompt management extension. Or you can record and upload the prompts using CCA itself over VPN.

For CUE Script Editor, please email your questions to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

Thanks,

Marcos

9 Replies 9

Tomoo Esaka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, by using CCA 2.0 you can simply configure 2 AA or one multi-level AA, with one AA or menu tree using prompts recorded in Spanish and the other using prompts recorded in English. Note that if you want to use Voicemail or IP phones with multi-language in UC500, you will need to use CLI, outside of CCA.

Rgds,

Tomoo

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this question has been asked/answered on the support community already.  Click Here for details.

Best Regards,

Glenn

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you very much. My apologies. Those pages did not show up in my search beacuse I searched for uc520 multi language support instead of uc500 multi language support.

No problem, glad to point you in the right direction!  I've found that by varying search words and criteria I can usually find what I'm looking for...

Rgds,

Glenn

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry to have to revisit this issue for some clarification. Please advise if I understand this correctly:

1. Cisco does not have the prompts and scripts I can download to use for dual language support - I have to create both the audio files and the scripts

2. The customized prompts can only be recorded from within the office location and not from an outside call.

3. CCA Localization can only replace one language with another.

The situation is this - I have a UC520 configured and installed in Mexico City but managed from New York and the users need dual language support for both VM and AA.

Thanks for any comments/help.

Please see below for reponse:

With respect to AA prompts, I would think most people would want to customize anyway to match company name, store hours, etc, so Cisco does not post canned foreign language AA prompts. With respect to scripts, CCA includes multi-level or standalone scripts that can be localized by plugging in the non-English AA prompts you would record.

Voicemail system prompts are provided by Cisco and can be installed using CCA. However CCA does not support dual-language voicemail, so you will have to stick to English or Spanish for your voicemail prompts

The UC500 prompt management system can record prompts over any voice call. You would just need to configure incoming call to route to prompt management extension using CCA. Or you can register a CIPC softphone over VPN and dialin to the prompt management extension. Or you can record and upload the prompts using CCA itself over VPN.

Thank you. I've got the prompt management extension working, tested, and am now going through the script quick start guide.

Thanks for all the help.

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello... I downloaded CUE script editor ver 3.2.1 but the help menu option produces a blank screen. Is this  known issue? Any solution? Thanks.

For CUE Script Editor, please email your questions to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: