Views
Helpful
Replies

"bug" in CCA release 2.0.(1)

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi team,

I´ve a customer which I´ve setup the UC without using the TSW. When I try to create users from the voice tab nothing happens after clicking apply... The screen is refreshed, and seems like the config is sent to the UC, but no config is sent. This is with the software release 7.0.3. I´ve also tested this with other deplyments, and the configuration adjustments fails in this release.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

Eivind

18 Replies 18

Albert Wilhelm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eivind,

This should not happen. I do not use the TSW either and go right into the Voice configuration. With default settings, CCA check to see if the voice has been initialized. If not, it will provide you with a status messaging stating it is initializing Voice. Once it finishes the voice initialization, you will be able to access the Voice tabs.

One thing to check is your version of Java JRE running on your laptop and/or workstation. In working with Cisco TAC, CCA 2.0 and above requires JRE version 6 Update 7. I have experienced instability until I downgraded to the required version. Since then, my laptop running Vista Business (32-bit) has been stable.

Here is the link:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html

Hope this helps.

Bert

Hi Bert,

I´m aware of the Java version, I´ve had issues with java/cisco earlier ;)

The voice is initialized, but CCA can´t seem to send the commands to the UC for some reason, I can access the voice tab with no problems, but after making the changes to the users and extension and then clicking apply button, nothing happens. This wasn´t a problem with 2.0 release.

Thanks

Eivind

Can you post your CCA logs of when you are trying to do this?  Before you do this, can you shutdown the dashboard in CCA?

When you send the logs of trying to add a user, please include info about the user you were adding.

Steven,

I'm trying to add every user on the system, since all the users only have extension numbers on their phones.

Anyways, everytime I hit the apply button I get the following message on the console in CCA;

++: DEBUG:  : Maximum allowed phones:32

I pushed apply 3 times to check.

Also, I downgraded to CCA, but this didn't help. I know I can do the workaround with werb UI, but I would like to now what's causing this isssue.

Thanks,

Eivind

How many ephones do you have?  This includes CIPC and FXS ports.  Are you past the 32 limit?

I´ve got 20, and two that is not registered, a total of 22. This is a 24 user box

Thanks

Eivind

Can you post the config?  Remember to remove information you don't want to share like password.

Hi Steven,

Also tried to make changes to our own system in the voice tab with CCA 2.0.1, the result is the same. The only difference is that I get the maximum of 40 ephones instead of 32.

Attached is the config.

Thanks

Eivind

Hi Eivind Jonassen,

I bet if you go into the UC-500 CLI you will see exactly what CCA has done, i have reported this problem in one of my previous moan threads, as this issues really grates on me.

I think you will find that CCA has gone through and over looked what you have asked it to do previously and gone and re-created new ephones as well as DN's, so you will need to go through and manually remove them.

I highly suggested that you copy over your entire Ephone-DN's and Ephones from the config to a txt file, remove everything you don't need, edit those which you do, then on the CLI remove the stuff that does not need to be there by "no ephone   XX" or "no ephone-dn   XX" remove them all if you want too that way you can add them in from the txt file, you only need to copy and paste the txt in there.

This is a really annoying issue for me, and i know i am not the only one having this problem, my work colleagues wont even use CCA and are trying very hard to stop me from using it as well, to the point were my superior is basically giving me ultimatums :(

Hope you sort the problems out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

I've never experienced that CCA duplicates stuff in the config as long as you stick to the oob configuration guideline when editing in CLI.

Anyways, this hasn't happend in this case either, the problem is something else.

Thanks

Eivind

Eivind,

There seems to be an issue with the license count or identification in CCA. Can you please raise a TAC case and unicast me the number in a PM once you open it?

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Should I open a case regarding CCA or UC. This seems to me to be related to CCA!?!

Thanks,

Eivind

Yes, I  agree CCA seems to be the culprit here.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Seems like TAC has found a bug. The setup at our office is that alot of our phones has an overlay button assigned to their phone. This is because we use the overlay for incoming calls that everyone at our office can answer.

The bug however seems to be that with CCA you have to assign the overlay dn's to a button on a phone before adding them as an overlay button on any other phone. So what we did is created a "dummy" 7975 phone with mac adress of 0001.0001.0001 with the dn's used for overlay assigned to 4 seperate buttons.

I could then assign the dn's to an overlay button on the other phones, and everything is back up and running, with CCA anyways :)

CLI config:

ephone  2

device-security-mode none

video

mac-address 0001.0001.0001

ephone-template 16

username "dummy"

type 7975

button  1:23 2:70 3:71 4:72 5:73

!

ephone-dn  23  dual-line

number 310 no-reg primary

label 310

description dummy dummy

name dummy dummy

call-forward busy 999

call-forward noan 999 timeout 10

!
ephone-dn  70  dual-line
number 974
label Sentralbordgruppe
description Sentralbordgruppe
name Sentralbordgruppe
call-forward busy 975
huntstop channel
hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  71  dual-line
number 975
description Sentralbordgruppe1
name Sentralbordgruppe1
call-forward busy 976
huntstop channel
hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  72  dual-line
number 976
description Sentralbordgruppe2
name Sentralbordgruppe2
call-forward busy 977
huntstop channel
hold-alert 30 originator
!
!
ephone-dn  73  dual-line
number 977
description Sentralbordgruppe3
name Sentralbordgruppe3
huntstop channel
hold-alert 30 originator
!
Dn 23 is for making one extension unique for the dummy phone, as required from CCA :)
Thanks
Eivind
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: