cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x and Domino. Listen to message, but MWI stays on

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.1dd7a73e/9#selected_message

I checked out this post and does this sound right:

Expected behavior is that if you listen to your vmail through Notes, it will not change the MWI. But if you delete the VM through Notes, it will turn the MWI off.

We are seeing this now in the lab. But is this expected and is there anything else we can do change the "read" and "unread" state in Notes. I know how to control it in Exchange, but Notes Im a little fuzzy on.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Tana Franko
Level 1
Level 1

No, if you follow the whole thread, Nancy corrected her response:

"What I was thinking of was in the Notes client if a user marks a message as read or unread via the Edit > Unread Marks menu, then that does not change the MWI status on the phone."

Have you tried the steps mentioned by the earlier poster in the thread? (Make sure that your Notes accounts do not have the option checked to "View Unread" and make sure that the DUCS client was installed on all PC's that you are using; and that you created or updated these users' mailfiles with a designer who has the proper version of DUCS installed as well.)

Also, here's a link to the latest troubleshooting guide chapter on MWIs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/dom/5xcutsg080d.html#wp1049490

On the Domino Tool, Should we see the UCProfileCountChange be "unknown"

Just an update, it works... not that well in an RDP session :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: