cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC error message / works when selecting "run as"

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

New deployment of CUPS / CUPC. I have installed the client on 6 computers so far. I am 3 for 3 right now. The ones that aren't working receive an error message and it will not start at all. If you right click on the icon and select "run as" it will work. The strange thing is that you can type in the same creds as the user that your logged in as and it works. On 3 other computers it works just fine with no error messages. I checked for the Embassy Security Suite like in previous posts but that does not exist. The user accounts in AD are identical as well. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks for any help!

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

What OS are you running?

Michael

xp sp3

Thanks,

Brad

Could you try to log into Windows as a local administrator (versus a domain user)?

See if you got the same problem with local account?

Thanks!

Michael

The users still get same error when logging in with a local account.

Resolved my the issue. There is a list of known programs which cause issues for CUPC and they are:

Dell Embassy Suite

Columbia Soft Document Loader

Power Toys (Task switcher "taskswitch.exe")

Hydravision

TopDesk

Kaspersky

Certificate Issued by/to "Not Available"

Microsoft Intellipoint mouse software"ipoint.exe"

Just thought that I would pass this along. My customer was using the document loader, they killed that process and it works now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: