cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0

sherrikhan
Level 1
Level 1

Guys i have downloaded ACS 5.0 Evo copy from client and my company is agred to purchase it ....i looked at the doco of ACS 5.0 but i cant find any installation on windows server 2003 like 4.2 or 4.1.....all i could see was installation on a cisco device and VMWare esx server.....can someone tell me that does new ACS 5.0 support windows 2003 (standalone server not Vmware)?????

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

ACS 5.0 is available in the 1120 appliance and as software for WMware ESX 3.5. There is no more windows support, it runs a specific linux build. It's a completly different product than ACS 4.x that was running on windows server.

Hi

I tried to install ACS 5.0 on our ESX 3.5 with less than 500GB disk space and it doesn't work. Our maximum LUN size we can allocate is 100GB. Is there a possibility to get it working?

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

I've seen couple of cases where ACS 5.0 installation failed with less than 500GB hard-disk space. This is minimum requirement for installing ACS 5.0 on virtual machine ESX 3.5.

Even if you able to install it on less than 500 GB HD then also it will create problem in future so i won't recommend you to install it.

You may check this link for more info:

Virtual Machine Minimum Requirements

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.0/installation/guide/ACS_Installation.html#wp1089429

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin