cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

denyPacketRequestedNotPerformed+denyFlowRequestedNotPerformed

wmchan1979
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing "denyPacketRequestedNotPerformed+denyFlowRequestedNotPerformed" on the Cisco IPS.

The Cisco IPS is running version 6.1(2)E3. The IPS is running inline mode. We are seeing sigID 3616 subsigID 4 was triggered and the above action was noticed. The action taken was set to deny packet inline. However, we are seeing the above message.

Anyone can assist on this issue? Appreciate for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is the section of the docs you're looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/7.0/configuration/guide/cli/cli_ssm.html

On the ASA:

show service-policy ips

or grep your ASA config for the policy map command:

ips {inline | promiscuous] [fail-close | fail-open}

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rand.hall
Level 1
Level 1

See my similar question around Jul-8.

I thought I was in inline mode but was in promiscuous mode.

I have the ASA daughter card. I read the IPS docs upside down and sideways looking for how to get into inline mode. There is a single and (to me) obtuse one line reference that points you to the ASA docs. Indeed, that's where I found the relevant info.

How could we determine if the IPS (daughter card in the ASA) is running promicuous mode or inline mode? Would you be able to send me the doc that you have so that I can read it further? Thanks.

This is the section of the docs you're looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/7.0/configuration/guide/cli/cli_ssm.html

On the ASA:

show service-policy ips

or grep your ASA config for the policy map command:

ips {inline | promiscuous] [fail-close | fail-open}

Thanks. I will give it a try and let you know the findings.

Hi rand.hall,

The IPS was actually running on promiscuous mode as what you predicted. We had changed it to the inline mode now. Thanks for your help. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card