Views
Helpful
Replies

Multipoint functionality for Polycom

jaj
Level 1
Level 1

G'day

I have been approached by a customer to provide multipoint capability to for their Polycom vc endpoints. They are also interested in having vc recorded and made available on a vod basis.

I just wondered if someone could give me the suitable components for a possible solution. My initial thoughts are MCU3515-12, Unified VC Manager and <what> ?

All suggestions welcomed - many thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

What is your communication enviroment? The Polycom Station are standalone VideoEndpoint ? Or these Polycom are registered in a Gatekeeper? Or the Polycom are registered in CUCM?

Hi Miguel,

They have standalone Polycom endpoints currently and only have the ability for point-to-point conferences. Opportunity to provide them functionality to do multipoint conferencing.

Environment is Cisco. CUCM7 (single cluster) but currently only for telephony. Again, opportunities there (hence the Video Conferencing Manager option). WAN and LAN are Qos enabled.

Would I need a gatekeeper then ? WHat options are there to get the Polycom units "registered" in CUCM ?

You can add the Polycom Station in the CUCM as H.323 endpoints. And configure a video conference bridges in the Resource of the Call Manager, for example, Cisco MCU 35XX. In this scenario you can dial to Polycom Video Station from someone Cisco IP Phone, and established a video call, then you can add a new polycom video station and press congerence sofkey in the Cisco Phone and video conference is established. Other option (solution 2) is add a Cisco Gatekeeper, so, the Polycom Video Endpoints and Cisco MCU are registered in the Gatekeeper.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: