cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVL200 SSL VPN Certificate Expired / Not Working

asamadani
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of weeks ago, my RVL200 lost its SSL VPN functionality.  All appears to be working fine, until I try to open the VPN tunnel, at which point Windows/IE security won't let the ActiveX add-on run, because the certificate for xtunnel.cab is expired.

I tried updating to the 1.1.10.1 Beta, but it made no difference.  This functionality is critical for me.  Please tell me there is an easy/immediate fix.         

39 Replies 39

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

As a workaround, you could add the RVL200's portal page to the Trusted Sites of the Internet Explorer and set the Security Level of Trusted Sites to Low to bypass the checking on the certificates of ActiveX add-ons.

Thanks.  Yes, that would work, but I'm not comfortable having everyone do that.  Any way to get an updated file/certificate?  The whole point of the RVL200 is to allow secure SSL VPN functionality.

kbaiocchi
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem for me, I spoke with Cisco this morning and they recommended that I post this here.

Cisco, please update your Certificate!

Certificate.bmp

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

This issue has been sent up to the product engineers.

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

Good news and bad news.

The engineers are working on the fix now.  I have the work around for IE7 and IE8.

Keep your eyes out for the fix shortly, I will try to post it as soon as I get it....

itareITARE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I suppose I have a related problem. First time setting this up, though.

I'm not allowed to install the software (ActiveX) due to the "Publisher can not be verified", the certificate has expired just as you say.

Have tried the workaround - no luck at all...

Any suggestions?

>I'm not allowed to install the software (ActiveX) due to the "Publisher can not be verified", the certificate has expired just as you say.

If you set the security level of your IE browser to low correctly, the browser will bypass verifying the signing certificate of the ActiveX components, and therefore you should not see any error message complaining about expired certificate. If you encounter any problem, perhaps you can consider giving the Small Business Support team a call.

Lower the browser’s security in order to use the RVL200?  Something seems odd about that. 

I totally agree.  And frankly, it's asinine that this issue has to be sent to engineers or programmers or whatever.  It's a simple patch - UPDATE CERTIFICATE!  Done.

bruin128
Level 1
Level 1

Same here!  The certificate I see is the same as the one posted by kbaiocchi. 

The RVL200 is the only piece of hardware that I have ever owned that came with a predetermined expiration date.

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

I wanted update you on the POST.  The engineers are still working to fix the issue and should have the issue resolved soon.

Check the above listed post from me for a possible work around

Have a great day :)

Thanks for the update David!

You may have seen that I can't get the workaround to work either...

I suspect that this is very much related to the cert-issue, but what can I do to get the workaround to work for me??

Many thanks in advance! :)

/Micael

Is there any word on this?

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

This problem has been escalated to the engineering group and they have no news as of this morning.  I will continue to keep this board up to date as I hear things form the engineering group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: