cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 And Vista - Cisco SSL VPN?

voiper_99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am trying to get my SSL VPN working on a Windows 7 and Vista PCs, however, I am not having any luck. I can however get it working on my Windows XP machines.

I have read a lot about Windows 7's and Vista's incompatibilities with Cisco's SSL VPN, however, I was hoping someone may have found a solution?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Brian M
Level 1
Level 1

I am using AnyConnect on both Vista-64 and Windows7-64.

Windows7-64 does seem to have a problem with AnyConnect because each packet takes about 500ms but I don't have any issues with Vista.

What errors are you getting?

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried using AnyConnect by uploading and installing the "sslclient-win-1.1.4.179-anyconnect.pkg" package on the router(which downloads to the PC/Laptop clients when they connect via HTTPS), and it works perfectly for XP. However, Windows 7 and Vista say "The installer was not able to start the Cisco SSL VPN Client. Please contact your IT Administrator for more information".

After seeing that I installed "AnyConnect Client Version 2.3.2016" on both the Vista and Windows 7 laptops. When I try to connect to the HTTPS address of the SSL router I get told "The Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. Do you wish to proceed?", (this is because I have a self signed certificate installed on the router). If I click "yes" it tries to contact the SSL router but then says "Unable to process response from xx.xx.xx.xx" (xx being the IP address of the SSL router).

if I install/import the certificate and then click "yes" to the question above, I get a message "Connection attempt has filed (timeout)."

To perform further testing, I also installed "AnyConnect Client Version 2.3.2016" on my Windows XP laptop and for some reason found that I was getting the same errors as the Vista and Windows 7 laptops as per my above message. However, the same Windows XP laptop still works when I access the VPN through a web browser. Do you have any ideas as to why this would be happening?