Overlay Transport Virtulization

Unanswered Question
Jul 21st, 2009

Hi,

I was asked by my client to have L2 network spread over L3. I am aware of the VPLS stuff. It will be great help if somebody can guide me to the subject line technology documentation for cisco products.

The bried decription about OTV:

A method and system described herein support Layer 2 (L2) and Layer 3 (L3) virtual private networks (VPNs) over a L2 or Layer 3 (L3) infrastructure. The method and system are referred to herein as Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) since they provide an "overlay" method of doing virtualization versus traditional "in-the-network" type systems, in which multiple routing and forwarding tables are maintained in every device between a source and a destination.

Thnks in advance,

SHRI :)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jpazahanick Wed, 07/22/2009 - 06:07

I've had a customer mention this as well. From what I've gathered, it's a technology coming out in the NX-OS software, but I can't find any information on it either...

shrikardange Wed, 07/22/2009 - 19:28

hey thnks for the reply!

Yes same thing happened with me. Actually I have a link which talks about this technology. But i need to know how to implement it on cisco devices.Interestingly the site which I am refering talks about the patent on this technology and assignees are CISCO systems!!!

But I could not find anything on cisco's documentation. I tried with NX-OS as well.

Regards,

Shri!! :)

Actions

This Discussion