- Blue, 1500 points or more
Minor Acquisition handled by process UTMajorAcquisition?
I want to know which process handles the minor acquisition in UserTracking and if the run status can be acquired from cli.
I observe the following in LMS 3.1 - CM 5.1.3 on windows 2003. It is the same machine as mentioned in this thread:
Major Acquisition is scheduled to run daily at 08:30 am. (It needs approx. 1h 15min to complete, max is 2h 15min)
Minor Acquistion is scheduled to run every 100 min. Thus it will start at 10:10 am.
in the GUI going to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Acquisition shows the "Acquistion Information" Table. When the Major Acq. has finished the table shows all the information and has "Major" as a value in the "Acquisition type" field . At 10:11 am the Start time gets updated with this timestamp and the Type field changes to "Minor". When this process finishes all fields gets updated accordingly. (also the "Last acquisition time" on the CM Home page).
While both these processes are running, "pdshow UTMajorAcquisition" shows the status as running as well.
Because the Minor Acq. is scheduled to run every 100 min. So I expect to see the "Acquisistion Information" being updated every 100 min. But I cannot see these updates, nor can I see the UTMajorAcquisition process running again before the next day at 08:30 am.
So I am wondering how this UTMajorAcquisition of type "Minor" can be interpreted?
1) Is the Minor Acquisition in fact a sub-process of UTMajorAcquisition ?
2) Why does only the first Minor Acq. report its Start/Stop time
3) How can I control that the Minor Acq. is running correctly (beside the fact that the "LastSeen" field gets updated)
4) How is the period of the Minor Acq. be handled - is it added to the start time of the Major Acq or to its end time?
5) What happens if the Major Acq. is still running when the Minor Acq. should start? Will this instance be delayed to run later or will it be ignored?
I did not see this in LMS 3.0.1 (don't know the exact patch level of CM by heart right now)
No, I haven't seen this. And I certainly can't reproduce. I did a ut -cli job with -query all while a full major acquisition was running, and it returned results immediately.