Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6509/SUP720 - VSS with Dual SUP Engine

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

2 units of cat6509 switches, both with dual SUP720 engine. After I configured both switches with VSS, both switches standby SUP engine went into RMON. The VSS is working fine.

Why this happened? can't each chassis have one active and one standby SUP ?

Regards

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Choh,

What version of IOS are you running? SXH only support single SUP in each chassis of thre VSS. The newer SXI will support dual SUP in each chassis.

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Choh,

What version of IOS are you running? SXH only support single SUP in each chassis of thre VSS. The newer SXI will support dual SUP in each chassis.

HTH,

jerry

current IOS is 12.2(33)SXH5

well thanks, will upgrade it to SXI

regards

Hi Jerry,

Both switches upgraded to SXI2, the VSS running fine. But when I try bootup the standby SUP on the same chassis ..it will crashed and goto ROMMON. I try another chanssis same problem happned.

will Attached the crashinfo & show tech later, currently having problem to attached here, keep timeout.

Regards

Hi Choh,

Just double check, dual SUP support is not here yet but it is coming. I missed read it as service module, sorry for the wrong info.

Regards,

jerry

Hi Jerry,

Do you know the roadmap ? When it going to release ?

Regards

CHOH,

Only single sup is supported for now even with SXI2

Take a look at this wite paper

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9336/white_paper_c11_429338.pdf

HTH

Reza

Hi Choh,

I think it is better for you to check with your local Cisco rep for the roadmap.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card