cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 6 Extension Mobility CCM 4.1.3 sr4b

dave.hodgkiss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All when i try to login to em i get error message 6 on the phone. If i point the em service to a subscriber it works fine, when i point the service to the publisher it fails. Below is an extract from a txt file in the Emapp foder

0: Jun 17 12:06:18.103 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

1: Jun 17 12:06:18.103 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

2: Jun 17 12:06:33.275 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

3: Jun 17 12:06:33.275 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

4: Jun 17 12:06:54.432 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

5: Jun 17 12:06:54.432 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

6: Jun 17 12:16:48.462 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

7: Jun 17 12:16:48.462 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

8: Jun 17 12:34:42.223 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

9: Jun 17 12:34:42.223 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

10: Jun 17 12:40:09.762 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

11: Jun 17 12:40:09.762 BST %EMApp-3-UNK:Unable to establish dir connection:DirUser.OperationError

I have re-booted the server and it still doesn't work. I can see from the log files the customer has recently tried to upgrade bars from 4.0.11 to 4.0.14 and it failed because they were trying to install it as a backup target not a server. Could this have any bearing on the problem i now have

Cheers

Dave

4 Replies 4

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Dave,

Error 6 indicates an error when communicating with the database. This can be caused by many different things depending on whether DC Directory or Active Directory is used.

If you are using AD, try re-running the Active Directory plug-in. If using DC Directory, you may want to check its health on the publisher and make sure replication is working to all servers.

This issue can also occur if there is no device profile associated with the user that attempts to log in. Check if the users have device profiles associated with them under the User Configuration > Extension Mobility page. If not, update users with device profiles for Extension Mobility login.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#error6

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your respone

No AD integration, dblhelper has all green smiley faces. If it was a device profile being associaed to the user account how come it lets me login in when i point the em service to a subscriber running the em service. I have also republished the database using dblhelper. I get the message before i get the login box

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

What you are looking at using the DBLHelper utility shows the status of SQL replication between the servers, not DC Directory.

Take a look at this next:

--Make sure the C:\dcdsrvr\DirectoryConfiguration.ini file is populated and that this file is identical on all the Cisco CallManager servers in the cluster.

--If this file is absent or not populated in any of the servers in the cluster, the login fails.

--Change the UserSSL setting in the C:\dcdsrvr\DirectoryConfiguration.ini file from True to False.

--Verify that the virtual directory login password is correct.

--Make sure that the DC Directory Service runs. If not, start the service.

--See if the users have device profiles associated with them under the User Configuration > Extension Mobility page.

--If not, update the users with device profiles for Extension Mobility login.

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Hi Adam,

I think we are both looking at the same document.

All of the things suggested are ok

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: