cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetConfig: Non Applicable Devices

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it expected behavior by NetConfig that if an "Unrecognized command" is configured in a config-mode job, the devices will be listed as "Non Applicable Devices"? The only device that got passed is currently unreachable. Is that unreachability why NetConfig lets it through, since it cannot verify the validity of the command on it?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe, assuming the device is unreachable AND unknown.

It's known to RME, a 3845 running 12.4(8a). The config being executed is "test", which is unrecognized on all the Non Applicable Devices, all 6500s running 12.2(18)SXF14 in native mode.

Actually, I assume you created a custom task in Netconfig, and tied it to the Routers group only. Therefore, the 3800 will be supported, but the 6500s (Switches and Hubs) will not be applicable.

Pardon my confusion. Is it due to the IOS version differences? The config is an Adhoc one-liner. AFAIK, the user did not tie it to the Router group".

I don't see how what you describe is possible, then. If this is truly an ad hoc job, then all devices should be applicable. The command is not taken into account.

The 6500s have been recently converted from CatOS to IOS. Each had gone through a Conflicting Device stage, which required having RME update DCR with the new sysID OID. It almost appears as if NetConfig is failing to recognize these as valid IOS devices, despite RME realizing it elsewhere.

I don't understand exactly what you're doing/seeing. I certainly cannot reproduce. Post screenshots illustrating exactly what workflow you're using in NetConfig to arrive at the problem you describe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: