Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 5.0 loads 100%, but hangs

vdinenna71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a 5510 with IOS 7. I cannot access ASDM GUI. Prompted for user name and password and ASDM window opens, progress builds to 100% and hangs. ASDM Launcher returns nothing. builds to 100%, reads "Update complete", then nothihng comes up. I configured ASDM with the image indicated in flash- asdm-508.bin. Using Java 6 or 1.6. Same results for IE, FF, Chrome, Safari. Also cleared cache in browsers and Java. Zeroised RSA keys, but no good. Tried allowing whole subnet and single PC, same results. ASDM not enabled on outside interface, only inside.

There is no error messages. I noticed ASDM-LAUNCHER.exe in task manager. Killed it, tried again, but no ASDM screen.

Anything anyone can suggest?

Thanks,

Vince

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try increasing the java heap size?

Also try another machine?

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try increasing the java heap size?

Also try another machine?

Regards

Farrukh

Happs,

Thanks for your reply.

Just got around to working on this again.

What I did was uninstall all Java programs. Found several versions on my PC. Installed the latest Java, but didn't work. I check a few PC and found that my web server could connect to ASDM 5.0. Check the installed Java and found that it had the Java Plug-in 1.4.2_04_04.

Found a copy on a server and installed, rebooted and there it was...the GUI!

I guess JRE is different from what I installed orignally, which was Java 6.

Thanks for your help,

Vince

I'm glad you have to working now. Yes Java 6 can become an issue sometimes (specially after security updates). Java 1.5.x is usually OK.

Regards

Farrukh

i was the same probleme, but it's ok now after java 1.5

thank's for your solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: