cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SDM 2.5 "Security Audit" function stopped working

Nortonics
Level 1
Level 1

Running SDM ver. 2.5 with latest JAVA and connecting to a Cisco 831 running IOS 12.4x.

Used to work 100% in the past for me, but now there seems to be some odd problems showing up. The most prominent is when trying to run the "security audit" function, I click the box, the button grays-out, and the security audit wizard never starts.

Almost seems like there is a problem with the way JAVA is trying to open the wizard, but just can't do it for some reason. I've even un-installed SDM 2.5 and reinstalled it, and checked for the latest JAVA updates from java.com (I've got the latest) but still it does the same thing. Is it possible a recent JAVA update could have messed with the way SDM tries to use JAVA?

Any thoughts appreciated, and thanks.

2 Replies 2

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

The latest Java does NOT work with SDM.

Please use the java on the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/release/notes/SDMr25.html

Cisco SDM requires Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The following versions are supported:

•JRE 1.5_09

•JRE1.4.2_08

•JRE 1.5.0_06

•JRE 1.5.0_07

•JRE 1.6.0_02

•JRE 1.6.0_03

Nice! Went into Settings --> Control Panel --> Java, selected the Java tab, clicked 'view...', and enabled only 1.6.0_03 and life is wonderful again. Thanks friend.