cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ready/not ready

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

We are running uccx 5.0(2)SR02_Build045. This may seem like a strange question, but is there any to put the cisco desktop agent back to ready status after the system has placed them in a not ready status due to a ring no answer? I know you can set the system wide parameter and I do not want this set system wide. I really only would like run it for a particular team, resource group or queue.

Is this possible maybe through some script functionality OR possibly through a work flow with the admin utility??

any help would be greatly appreciated

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking if you can place agents into a Ready state in bulk? A supervisor can do this within CSD but it is one agent at a time.

Are you asking for the ability to control the state decision of an agent after an RNA event on a more granular level than cluster-wide? This is not currently possible but would be a worthy feature request at least on a per-team level; or perhaps even per-CSQ. I would recommend working with your local partner or Cisco SE to submit this.

I'm having a difficult time seeing how you could accomplish this through CAD Workflows but perhaps someone else has a better idea with that angle.

Using agent workflows, you "MAY" be able to do this if the reason code is contained in the "not ready" event and distinguishes the case correctly.

In an ideal world you would like this to have some sort of delay before going back to ready.

I have never tried this.

On the face of it, the idea is very strange. Why was the call pulled back and the agent changed from ready to not ready? Surely it's because they left their desk in the ready state. Otherwise, why didn't they answer the phone? What are the agents doing that prompts this odd request?

Regards,

Geoff

I am looking to control the state of the agent and not have it cluster wide.

I know this is unique and under best practices you would not want to do this. But in this situation I am needing to places calls in queue becuase my agents are also working a front counter where customers can come up and be waited on. The agents are used to hearing the phone ring and are having a hard time paying attention to if there are calls in the Q are not.

The setup we had before was the customers calling in would ring a hunt group of phones, and if no one could answer we would send them off to vm. We were getting feed back that the customers didn't want to leave a vm. So we are trying this avenue where they could wait in a queue, give them an option to leave vm or continue wating and then still alert the agents that calls are waiting to be answered.

Thanks for you replies thus far.

Hi,

I understand where you are heading to. I have been in situations like this where once team wants this feature whereas the other team does not. Mine is UCCX. I don't think there is a way this can be accomplished for individual teams rather than the global setting. Hopefully, Cisco will come out with a solution if there are a lot of customers who wants this feature. Till then, we may have to live with it. :(

A lot of customers who want what feature?

I can't see it working at all.

An agent is in the ready state and gets up from their position and goes to the front counter to assist a walk in. A call in queue is delivered to their desktop and the phone rings a few times, and RONA makes the agent not ready and takes the call back to the queue.

In the modification, the agent is made ready again. But they are the only available agent so they get the call. It rings a few times, and the cycle starts again.

Now from the customer's view. They hear the greeting and some queue music from the IVR. Then a couple of rings at the selected agent, maybe a brief snippet of queue music, more rings at the agent. This would drive me batty.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Yes. I agree with your point. But there are scenarios where some team supervisors want to have this. Although I try to explain them this is a global setting and affects other contact centers in the same server, they are reluctant to buy it.