cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LINEPROTO UP/DOWN in same Second

kmmehlkmmehl
Level 1
Level 1

020221: Jul 23 07:52:23: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to down

020222: Jul 23 07:52:23: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to up

020223: Jul 23 07:52:24: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to down

020224: Jul 23 07:52:27: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2, changed state to up

Any IDeas?

I see this every few half hours

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

check the device that connects to the port.

HTH>

Thanks. The other side is showing no LINEPROTODOWN at all!

Hello,

Is it a fiber or a copper port? Is it possible to test the connection using a proper testing equipment? Also, if you connect the link into a different port, does that port behave in the same way?

I also recommend checking the interface counters on both sides of the link to see if there are any transmission errors that would suggest a problem with the medium.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi!

Thanks!

Its fiber.

Actually i see not CRC Errors. Only Symbol errors every now and then. I will try to connect them to a different port.

Actually i had the same problems with another port i moved from 2/0/6 to 2/0/8

whis was fine and AFTER that the problems startet with the other 2 ports 2/0/1 2/0/2

:-(

You my have a cross fibre - try swapping over the connections

This means swapping the fibres?

Is this some kind of Cross Talk?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card