Helpful
Replies

Auto Answer - No Ring

We are having the HIPCC infrastructure with the following

ipcc hosted 7.0

cvp 3.1

ccm 4.1

cti 7.0

recently customer wanted to have auto answer feature, so we enabled through the agent desktop settings, but customer wanted to know atleast one or two complete ring before call get answer automatically.

If any one gone through this experience kindly share your ideas.

16 Replies 16

You can't have both, it's either auto answer or ringing.

david

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

You could change it from ccm instead under directory number configuration. If you set auto-answer with headset, if agent is using headset, the agent will hear one beep then will be connected to the caller. If Agent does not use headset the agents phone will ring until call gets answered or when it bounces to next Agent

Can you tell me if this will work with UCCX 7.01 SR5 with Call manager 7.5.1?  I have a customer that wants to do this

Thanks

I think you mean UCM ver 7.1.5?

Yes - it should work with this version.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

so we enabled through the agent desktop settings ....

I never use that one. Much prefer the CUCM setting with the beep.

DAFitzgerald - it will work for you. It's really only suitable for headsets (that should cover almost all call centers) and agents do have control over it. If they forget to press the little button, it's not engaged. And they do forget ....

Regards,

Geoff

we are using UCCE8.0 with autoanswer enabled for agents and CCM 8.0 . I have enabled autoanswer with headsets on CCM  but still I dont hear any beep when call comes in.

any suggestions ?

Regards

Irfan Tariq

hi

We solved the issue by upgrading Firm ware of phone 69XX to 9.1.1 now we are getting beep sound with autoanswer feature.

Regards

Good info. Thanks.

Regards,

Geoff

One correction on this. You actually can have it both ways with the CUCM auto-answer. If you have auto-answer selected on the DN. You will hear the zip-tone or three beeps. Followed by a ringback. This ringback time can be adjusted to however long you want it. The default is 1 second. It's a service parameter called 'auto answer timer'. If you wanted 2 full ringbacks you could adjust it to 7 seconds.

999/5000

How about experts,
I'm going through the same problem, I currently have 5 agents with 7821 telephones configured with 2 lines, in the secondary line I have auto answer with head set configured.

Now, I have a strange behavior, it happens that when the auto answer with head set is set, when a call comes in to these agents it makes a small ring, which is a warning when a call comes in. (I really do not know if this should work like this) I understand that the auto answer with head set should not enter the call directly without any type of announcement.

It turns out that I have replicated the same configuration of the agent that has this behavior in others, but in some it works well and in others it does not, in some it makes the small alert tone and then the call comes in, in other agents the call goes direct, without That little bell.

Maybe it's a bug or something?

All this platform with the versions UCCX 10.5 and CUCM 10.5.

Any comments will be welcome.

Regards
Carlos.

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Has below cases been addressed/resolved in UCCX / UCCE now related to Auto Answer of calls 
- Play a beep/ring to the agent on auto answer ( Activate enterprise wise beep in CUCM is not an option accepted by client )
- Support Cisco Jabber Soft Phones
- Support both SCCP & SIP based Cisco IP Phones

Application Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AifrChviM9A

@PTS , please don't spam the forum with the same exact question in multiple posts.
As far as your question, if you setup the individual agent's phone in UCM as auto answer, they should get a brief notification.

Sorry,I didnt mean to spam the forum.I will take care not to post same question repeatedly.

Regarding my question : Configuration of Auto Answer in UCM is not an option as it will answer all calls(Internal & external/IVR) in the agent extension.

Need is to auto answer only external/IVR calls.

Can you explain that a little more. Why would someone to be calling an agent on the ACD/IVR line, wouldn't you want that to be used exclusively for ACD/IVR calls?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: