Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC over VPN?

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We run IP Communicator over a VPN client as a matter of course but, as an OCS user, we're trialling CUCIMOC. Whilst it registers fine we can't seem to setup a call through the VPN.... i can't see anything in the release notes, so any ideas?

Cheers,

Stu

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Are you in softphone mode or deskphone mode? What's the symptom of the problem?

Thanks!

Michael

Thanks for your help Michael,

Softphone mode..... the client thinks it registered but CUCM says "unregistered".

You can attempt to make a call but nothing happens.... no response at all.

Interestingly if you use it as Deskphone control mode with IP Communicator it works fine.... bizarre.

I know we could use phone proxy on the ASA but all of our clients use VPN.

Cheers,

Stu

What version is CUCM and what version of COP file have you installed(if there's any)?

Softphone mode is a SIP phone. You may look at CallManager trace to see if there's any INVITE for the call attempted.

Michael

It's CUCM 7.1(2) with the inbuilt CSF option

It seems fairly fundamental as CUCM doesn't think the SIP device is registered.

Cheers,

Stu

I got the same problem. Indeed, I got there is no option for me to configure the CM IP Address on CUCIMOC client. How the client know the CM IP address and do the registration ??

Samuel

Samuel,

That's a slightly different problem. Mine registers fine over the LAN.

You set the parameters via registry setting using gpedit.msc, the installations instructions should tell you what you need, but if you get stuck - let me know.

Cheers,

Stu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: