Passed CVOICE 642-436

Unanswered Question
Jul 23rd, 2009

Hi all,

Just passed the CVOICE exam, preffered this exam to the others in the NP track as the questions asked weren't as ambigious, nevertheless it was a tough one.

Not sure which exam to study for next, QoS or CIPT1. Anyone in the same boat?

Regs

Sachin

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
chevymannie Thu, 07/23/2009 - 12:47

I'm still working on my VP, but after I took CVoice my next exam was QoS. It seem liked it was the toughest one and I wanted to get it out of the way. After that I took CIPT1 and now I'm studying to CIPT2. But really it's a personal preference. I don't think there is a certain order.

Wilson Samuel Thu, 07/30/2009 - 09:53

Hi Sachin,

Having completed my CCVP recently, I would prefer that anyone taking CIPT1 and CIPT2 in the go.

Alternatively, QoS is also a good idea.

However the crux, is that whenever you take CIPTx study both of them together, along with CVoice, as they are so inter mingled that you will find it pretty useful if you work for them all together CVoice, CIPT1, CIPT2 and then probably TUC or QoS.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

dlillis65 Thu, 08/06/2009 - 12:02

I went at it a little differently. Started off with QOS then CVOICE. After that is when they came out with CCNA Voice so then I took that followed by CIPT1. Now I am preparing for CIPT2 which I will take on Monday. YIKES!

Sachin.bhamra Thu, 08/06/2009 - 14:20

I kind of wish I did the QoS first, then the CVOICE because CIPT1 & 2 I hear are geared more towards voice than QoS. Am hoping I don't forget too much Voice stuff before I'm done with QoS.

What materials are you using for CIPTs? Or hardware?

dlillis65 Thu, 08/06/2009 - 14:44

I am using Cisco Press Authorized self Study guide for CIPT1 and CIPT2. I have several pieces of hardware. i.e. 2610xm w/CME routers, 2924 switches, various IP phones

wilberhdez Wed, 09/16/2009 - 07:58

Does passing exam 642-436 gets you CCNA Voice certified, and at the same time reduces one of the exams required for CCVP (642-436)?

Sachin.bhamra Wed, 09/16/2009 - 13:39

Yes that is correct, if you take the CVOICE version 6 exam and pass, you will automatically be CCNA Voice certified as well. If you take the CCNA Voice, pass it and then take the CVOICE ver6 and pass, then Cisco will give you a 20% discount voucher on your next exam. I was bitten by the later.

Actions

This Discussion