cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Accessing LMS 3.1

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

HI All, I am facing issue with LMS3.1. Till yesterday it was working fine but today suddenly its not working we did not do anything on server I dont know why its stop working suddenly. Attaching snap shot of error

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command and screenshots of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

here is the some attachment I will also attach the services of cworks..soon

Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

here are the requested files..

Have you enabled a firewall on this server? Can you telnet to localhost port 9009?

No we did not do anything. I checked windows firewall is off & firewall services were running I disabled it now but still its not working.. I am able to telnet to localhost on port 9009. its giving me blinking cursor when i press enter it goes into next line...

it seems working telnet to localhost on port 9009

Post the TomcatMonitor.log.

here is the log file as requested

sorry missed the attachment here it is

It looks like you changed the hostname of this server. TomcatMonitor is trying to connect to cisco1, and this is failing.

we did not change it..there is separate team for server administration..might be they have done it..its customer network are just implementor..now what should be the workaround

I have changed the server name to cisco1 but still its not working...

also just to update you i am getting login screen & when I type user name & password n try to login then its give me forbidden error

Assuming they changed the hostname back to cisco1, and that was the original hostname of the server when CiscoWorks was installed, then have the customer reboot. That should get the services to start again.

If the hostname of the server is now different from when CiscoWorks was installed, they will need to run the NMSROOT/bin/hostnamechange.pl script to change the hostname within LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco