Troubleshooting Wireless Drop and Acquiring IP Address

Unanswered Question
Jul 23rd, 2009
User Badges:

I have users receiving strong singnal from the AP - a Cisco 1100. They might be working several hours when their connection drops and they see "acquiring IP address. This interrupts their work and there is unhappiness. Is there a good doc for troubleshooting this kind of issue? The users are using Dell Latitude D620 laptops. Thank-you.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cbaser007 Fri, 07/24/2009 - 05:28
User Badges:

This may not be the culprit in your case, but I was bitten by Cisco bug CSCsq23961 this week on two 4402-12 WLC's running 4.2.130 code. The users have good signal, authenticate successfully against Radius, but never receive an address. I upgraded to the newest 4.2.xxx code as the fix, but the bug describes a workaround one can try in lieu of a code upgrade.

mat.edwards Fri, 07/24/2009 - 23:19
User Badges:

Are you using a fat AP or with a WLC? Are the users exeriencing dropouts at the same time or are different users losing connection at different times? What do the AP/WLC Logs indicate at the time of disconnect? Have you scanned the air to determine other APs on adjacent channels/any non-802.11 interference?

Answer these qs and will help more.

Mat

George Stefanick Sat, 07/25/2009 - 04:44
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

If you are using a control and you can time this issue use the debug client in the cli of the controller.

Also check session timeout on the controller

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network