- Blue, 1500 points or more
How can I get the config off a VG248?
Please go to start > Run. type in cmd, and then follow the steps as suggested from the previous post.
You need to FTP into the device inorder to collect the configuration information. A "?" will give you the list of options on what you want ot "get" from the VG248.
Here are the steps to take backup and restore the config on VG 248.
1. From the Command Line Interface (CLI), issue the *ftp* command to
connect to the VG248.
2. Hit *Enter* in username field.
3. If the Telnet password is configured, enter it in the password
field for FTP, otherwise leave it blank.
4. Issue the *dir* commnad to view the files.
5. Issue the *get *command and the respective file name (for example,
issue *get user.cfg*) to copy the file for user.cfg.
6. When the transfer completes, this file is copied to the PC.
The files are stored in recent folders under Documents and
Settings in windows. *Note:* Also, there is a user.cfg.xml file
that you can backup for port config.
please rate helpful posts