cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public Distribution List

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I need configure Group Voice Mail for a user team in the Cisco unity 5. I have created a Public Distribution List and have asociated the subscriber into of this Public Distribution List. that is all ?? Or I need configure the extension number of the Public Distribution List to the second line in the phones of the users associated to Public Distribution List?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ricardo,

Hope all is well!

A PDL is used for sending a message to groups of users in bulk.

Public Distribution Lists Overview

Public distribution lists are used to send voice messages to multiple subscribers. The subscribers that are assigned to a public distribution list typically are subscribers who need the same information on a regular basis, such as employees in a department or members of a team. The class of service that is associated with each subscriber account dictates whether subscribers can send messages to public distribution lists in Cisco Unity.

Cisco Unity automatically creates a public distribution list called All Subscribers. You may want to associate the All Subscribers list with every subscriber template.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag240e.html#wp1047746

What you seem to be looking for is more of a "Group Mailbox". This can be done by configuring a new mailbox with the required directory number and then adding this DN to the Second line button of the group member phones. This way they will receive a visual indication MWI when new messages arrive :)

Hope this helps!

Rob