cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router interface shows up up other end down down

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone see a situation where on one side of a lease line connection I see the connection as down down but if I go out of band to connect to the other end I see the serial interface as up up. I would think it is due to a loop but I don't see it say looped on the interface. I tried to reset the interface a few times and rebooted the router 3 times but I still see one end is up and the other down. Is there a loop in the circuit somewhere? If so how up on the side that I see UP UP I don't see an indication of a loop?

6 Replies 6

k.hariharan1
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Do you have another serial interface on your router in which the status showing down down , if so try changing to that another interface.

bocz sometimes if serial interface gone faulty, this will happen

Regards,

Hariharan k

Thank you Hariharan thanks for that I have another router being shipped out there maybe I will have them swap out the wic card from the new router first.

Will let you know how it goes

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

check the keepalive too.

if you have no keepalive set the interface will always stay up up until you admin shut it down.

I swapped out the WIC card with a new one and I still see the interface at the edge router as up up but the router on myside is down down. Could that be an indication that the circuit is in a open state that is why I don't see any indications of a loop on the interface just see it as up up?

can you please post a sh interface?

everything works now, I got on at the tail end of the conversation and AT&T said that they had the circuit in open state. He normalized it and everything came up and is working fine. I was just trying to determine if I see the edge router as up up but no indication of a loop on it just trying to see if AT&T had this circuit open all the time and that was the cause of the problem. I know it is kinda hard to say now that everything is working but is it a good possiblity that was the case. I checked the logs and didn't see any hardware failure in the logs so wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card