cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No PSTN access code

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I wonder if anyone has any experiences of pros/cons in deploying a CUCM environment without a PSTN access code such as 9, and having a dial plan that directly matches PSTN numbers.

I seem to be getting more queries about this with the rise in OCS integration deployments. Its mainly because they want to be able to standardise a method of dialling both on the phone and within the MS environment.

Obviously there maybe case where overlap occurs with internal ext plans, company services codes such as reception 0 etc.

I would be very interested to hear others views about this. Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

we are deploying a cucm 7 system with no PSTN access codes. this is what we are doing

1. 10 digit dialing for all numbers and 4 digit dialing for DN's within the same location via translation pattern.

2. toll-free calls we except 1+ the 800 number because users simply forget to dial just the 10 digit code.

1 major drawback so far

4 digit extension dialing can be a problem if the extension someone is dialing an area code with the same digits due to translation pattern "urgent priority" being checked. our workaround was to reduce the inter-digit timeout to 4 secs and remove the "urgent priority" check.

How do number DNs ?

Would 1xxx be acceptable in your opinion ?

Are users unhappy to dial 10 digits for local calls ?

Seems like NANP is just made to require an access digit.