Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 Stops Passing Traffic

joshuaferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an interesting issue that I am trying to assist with. I have a customer with a PIX 501 they have a ThinClient, Printer, and AP connected to the switch.

I have a customer with a PIX 501. They have a Printer, AP and PC connected to the switch. The customer pings from the headend to the PC. When they start doing stuff on the PC the connection stops, and the pings drop. The printer and AP still work. If they SSH to the PIX everything starts working again. Anybody seen this before?

Thanks,

--Josh

2 Replies 2

billd
Level 1
Level 1

Josh,

I don't know if there is any relationship, my PIX 501 shuts down the Wan interface after @ 1170 ping from an outside source.

In your case is there a switch or just a hub in the network? A hub could be broadcasting and causing a long delay.

Yeah so the interesting thing that I just found out is that the outside interface connects to an AirLink Raven X wireless router that uses Sprint CDMA for internet access. This issue never existed prior to the installation of the Raven X, three weeks ago from ISDN. I found one other post that references connectivity issues with the Raven X modem

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card