cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ugrade WISM code to 6.0.182.0

ppellettiere
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading via http. In the instructions it say's to disable the controller port-channel then download the code. When you disable the port-channel you lose connection to the wism. am I missing something? how would that work?

7 Replies 7

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

The code gets downloaded via the service port, so you can shut the port channel down.

This is to avoid that the AP start downloading their code before the WiSM reboots.

OK I'm really dense. If I shut down the

port-channels how do I get to the WISM to start the download? I read the release notes and I am not getting it. Could you please give me a quick rundown on how you would do it?

Thanks

the service port should not be going via the port-channel

you should be able to reach this one even when the port-channel is shut down

dsoltis
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon. If you are using a wism blade in a 6500 chassis you can still disable the port channel and have access to the wism. This could be done by using the session slot x processor 1/2 command on the 6500 cli

I must have something mis-configured.

I session into the controller.

Then shut p01 and 2. I can not ping my TFTP server, when I no-shut them I can get to the TFTP Server.

I wouldn't say it's mis-configured.

You probably followed the instructions to set up the WISM which includes this directive for the service port

"Make sure that the service port IP address is not a routable IP address in your network because it is only used for communication between the Sup 720 and the WiSM."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a00808330a9.shtml

I got the upgrade to work without shutting off the port-channel interfaces.

Edit -> I just tried this... put an edge switchport in the same Vlan as the "non-routable" Wism service vlan, assigned it a static IP address in the Wism service subnet, router as wism service vlan router... and was able to connect to the service port interface.

Should work for your TFTP server. I have no idea how to TFTP from the command line in the wism though - it's pretty cryptic.

Also where is your tftp server, if the subnet to reach it is via the port-channel it will not work. Make sure your routing is configured right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card