SPA525 MWI Light ON but no voice mail

Unanswered Question
Jul 24th, 2009

We have been noticing more odd behavior with the SPA525G phones and UC500. In more "hammer it" testing in our lab, we have found the SPA525G MWI light will light for odd reasons. During some of our latest testing, we have been able to ge tthe MWI to turn on even though is no voice mail associated to the extension assigned to the phone. This seems to happen when the phone misses a call from an internal extension. Phone firmware 7-2-5 and UC500 build 7-0-3.

Is this expected behavior or another bug?

A phone reboot will clear the MWI light, but that would not be a prefer method to correct the issue.

Thoughts/comments anyone?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Tue, 07/28/2009 - 06:13

Hi,

I havent heard of this and cant reproduce it in my SPCP environment (skinny with tokens) on UC520 running 7.0.3.

If you can easily reproduce, I think you should log a case since you would be able to collect debug data to help isolate where the problem may be.

One question... Where is everyone getting 7-2-5 FW for that phone and are there bug corrections we need in it?   I understand its legit, but Its not part of the bundle (spa525g-7-1-9.bin is).

Thanks for your help,

Steve D

MICHAEL JOHNSON Tue, 07/28/2009 - 08:43

We are trying to duplicate the issue. We did notice that after tweaking the configuration with CUE GUI then going back to CCA and doing more changes resulted in a new set of MWI numbers (DNs). Once we re-sync'd via CUE GUI and removed the extra MWI DNs, the issue went away. Not sure why/how/when or which change would have "magically" created additional MWI numbers, but something did (and it wasn't our CLI work).

Anyway, the problem is gone, but the why the second set of MWI got created is still unknown.

Actions

This Discussion