Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access VPN is not working on ASA

pranavam_dileep
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

remote access VPN is not working on ASA 5505 when I configured the outside interface of ASA as PPPoE.

It works well when I configured the Outside Interface with static IP with the same LAN range of D-Link ADSL router.I port forwarded UDP port 4500,500 & TCP 1723 from the D-Link router to the outside interface of ASA.

I think my asa is not forwarding the IPSEC ports.

How can I configure my ASA to allow these ports.I tried to configure to allow these ports, but fails as my ASA is acting as VPN Headend device & PPPOE router

Expecting your valuable reply

2 Replies 2

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

What exactly is the problem when using the PPPoE modem? client does not connect? it connects but does not pass traffic?

First, ASA does not need to forward any ports if it is a VPN Server, on another hand, if the ASA is a VPN Pass-Through then you would need to forward ports.

The Cisco VPN Connection uses UDP 500, ESP protocol (portless) and in case of NAT-T it uses UDP 4500.

If your ASA is the vpn server, then I would advise you to run some debugs on the asa to check whether the client is getting all the way to it.

hi imartino,

thanks for your reply, its the mistake from my configuration side.

one more thing I have to clarify is the site-site vpn configuration in ASA, but the problem is that both the site is having Dynamic public Ip.When I entered the hostname eg:a.selfip.com it is not taking.it is only accepting the IP address only.I configured site-site vpn using ASDM.I checked in the NetPro forum, but iam not getting any satisfactory explanation.

Please help on this issue also

regards

dileep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: