cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

imap cannot log on to imap server

andrewsymms
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone advice how to log on to the imap server for voicemail I read all the instructions i can find but cannot get outlook to log on

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrew,

Outlook complains that the log on is rejected not that the server cannot be found .

I must have missed you saying this somewhere, sorry about that, this is a different kettle of fish now :)

I can try and work something up on the my LAB system, but the problem i have there is that i dont know if i can replicate the issue as i wont be using outlook for IMAP, it will be either Thunderbird or another Linux app, which i dont think would help to solve your problem.

So i am certain you have done this allready, but have you gone through and checked the following?

• Reset username and passwords for the account that is affected
  • Made sure they are part of the IMAP group?
  • Checked and made sure everything is enabled for your outlook to be able to login?

Might seem like silly questions but it is sometimes the most simpliest things that are forgotten.

I'll post up some images to see if your setup is configured right.

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

I have attached three images, i have no doubt that you have allready done this, or gone through this but it is a simple excercise that often can unvail the most simpliest of errors, so please dont think i am trying to insult your intelegence cause im not :)

Message was edited by: David Trad

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi Andrew,

Have you checked this document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9688

What error are you getting?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hello

Yes i tried that document and no luck outlook keeps saying "cannot log on to server, Not sure where to look for errors on the uc520.

Also checked the last paragraph of the doc 9688 document. still no luck.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Any chance you are running more than one NIC on your computer?  If so, make sure you set a route to 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.10.1 via 192.168.10.1.

Or just connect only via the NIC connected to the LAN (Data LAN) of the UC500 and then your default routing ought to get you there.

If you followed the instructions, you set your IMAP account something like this.  NOTE: User and Password are what you set for the EPHONE (or in CCA under Voice TAB).

IMAP1.bmp

Hello

No I tried that double checked the log in settings and only have 1 nic card

Sorry

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Just to make sure of a few things.

Are you:

1. On the same subnet as the UC-500?
  2. Are you plugged into the UC-500 directly, or
  3. Are you plugged into the Phone which is plugged into the UC-500?, or
  4. Are you running Wireless?

Can you ping 10.1.10.1 from your PC? If not then there is most likely a problem there (This is of course the system was programmed up using the default CCA data flow I.E CME 192.168.10.1 and Cue 10.1.10.1)

Are you able to log into the Web UI on the UC-500? Can you check and make sure that IMAP is enabled and that the username and password is set or correct on that account? I know you have probably done this allready, but it might be worth while to trouble shoot right from the begining.

Do you have any other devices on your network that could stop IMAP traffic? I.E Other routing devices, Hardware/router firewalls?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David

1 Yes on the same subnet

2 Plugged in via an 7965 phone but ive tried it directly on to our network with no luck

3 Not running wireless

4 can ping both 10.1.10.1 and 192.168.10.1

5 can log on to both 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.ccme.html

5 the uc500 is connected to a netgear router for internet access which works ok for internet acces for all our pc s

6 the only thing i can think of wich is different to a standard set up is our windows server2003 is set up to do our dns for us.

Tonight I will try connecting a laptop directly into a port on the uc 500 and see if that works.

Outlook complains that the log on is rejected not that the server cannot be found .

Hi Andrew,

I must have missed you saying this somewhere, sorry about that, this is a different kettle of fish now :)

I can try and work something up on the my LAB system, but the problem i have there is that i dont know if i can replicate the issue as i wont be using outlook for IMAP, it will be either Thunderbird or another Linux app, which i dont think would help to solve your problem.

So i am certain you have done this allready, but have you gone through and checked the following?

• Reset username and passwords for the account that is affected
  • Made sure they are part of the IMAP group?
  • Checked and made sure everything is enabled for your outlook to be able to login?

Might seem like silly questions but it is sometimes the most simpliest things that are forgotten.

I'll post up some images to see if your setup is configured right.

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

I have attached three images, i have no doubt that you have allready done this, or gone through this but it is a simple excercise that often can unvail the most simpliest of errors, so please dont think i am trying to insult your intelegence cause im not :)

Message was edited by: David Trad

David has a great point. I would focus on this comment in particular:

"Made sure they are part of the IMAP group?"

Even we missed that when we implemented IMAP provisioning using CCA, so it is a common mistake.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hello

Thankyou.

Not 100% certain what solved the problem.

Your comments set me thinking tried logging on as username cisco password cisco and it logged on !

Went through your screen shots reset username and passwords and found it would then log on correctly

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

All i can say is \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Glad to see a resolution to a problem \o/

\o/ <------------ = Jumping for joy

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: