cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view and access the Tools Console of the Cisco EIM/WIM 4.2(5a)

eric.neoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, dear all experts.

I was unable to view the Tools Console from the Cisco EIM/WIM 4.2(5a) system. I couldn't see this console neither when I logged on to the default partition nor the system partition.

I would highly appreciate any advice and comment from anyone from the forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Never heard of the Tools Console. I have EIM 4.2(5a) ES4 right here and am creating workflows as we speak. I've used EIM for a couple of years and am eGain certified (for what it's worth) and have never heard of the "Tools Console".

Do you have any references?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff.

I have downloaded the Csico Unified Web and E-mail Interaction Manager Tools Console User's Guide fro Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 4.2(1) from Cisco CCO. According to the document, we can use this console to customize the agent's desktop screen layout as well as creating some custom attributes or activity type etc. For instance, I need to put credit card number as 1 of the parameters on the web form when initiating the web chat to the agent..

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

Eric,

I see. I've only used EIM with UCCE - and my main experience is with the EIM (email) side of things. I did install an early release of 4.3 EIM/WIM with UCCE and made that work on the Web channel, but don't remember this area of customization.

Sorry.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi, Geoff.

I have just found out in the SRND, there are 2 different types of licenses for the Cisco Interaction manager, Basic and Advanced.

We have got the basic one, and it doesn't allow the customization of the UI and custom role. Hence, the Tools console would not appear as it is not included as part of the license package.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric