cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf routing

rakesh11181
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have one cisco 3800 series router and we have two 34 Mbps links configured on that we want to do the load balancing using the both links in parallel. Here we have used OSPF routing protocol. If you have any suggestion pls let me know.

4 Replies 4

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

OSPF will do equal cost load balancing by default. so if you want to load balance between the two 34 meg links, simply make their cost equal. use the 'ip ospf cost' command in interface config mode.

ok

thanks

But if i want to do that ftp and http traffic goes trough one link and other traffic goes through other link then what i have to do for that.

Rakesh,

If you want to split traffic among your lines according to the type of traffic, you will need to use Policy Based Routing (PBR). The OSPF will not help you here.

Are you familiar with the PBR?

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rakesh,

Please try to be more specific. Those two 34 Mbps links are uplinks to your ISP? Do you communicate with your ISP using OSPF? Do both these links provide connectivity to the same set of IP networks?

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card