Ciscoworks directory size is increasing rapidly afte installation.

Unanswered Question
Jul 27th, 2009
User Badges:

After installing the LMS3.1 , the MDC folder in the ciscoworks directory started increasing rapidly. It increased up to the maximum limit of the diskspace.

In that tomacat folder is occupying more space nearly 97% of the space in the disk. Please advise me how to overcome this problem.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 07/27/2009 - 07:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

What under the tomcat directory is growing? Is it the stdout.log? If so, what is being written to the log?

ladislao2006 Mon, 07/27/2009 - 10:55
User Badges:

I have exactly the same issue. Does anybody know the way to fix this? I need to set the maximun Recommended Size Limit in(KBytes), where can I set this parameter?

Joe Clarke Mon, 07/27/2009 - 11:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Logfile rotation is handled by logrot.pl. Search the Common Services online help for more on how to configure and schedule logrot.

Joe Clarke Mon, 07/27/2009 - 22:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

But what in that directory is growing exactly? Find the file or files that are growing. Only then can a course of action be determined.

Mhon Baul Tue, 07/28/2009 - 23:01
User Badges:

Hi Joe,

We experienced the same problem. Our LMS 3.1 crash and no one can login thru web page. Upon checking the files using CLI in solaris 10, we noticed that the /CISCO/MDC/tomcat/logs directory has grown tremendously in size(124G) particularly the stdout.log. The content of the stdout.log has 'In Broadcast. Exception occured in listLoggedInUsers' w/c repeat so many times. Hope you can help us in solving this problem.

cheers!

reymon

akash03lingam Tue, 07/28/2009 - 23:28
User Badges:

Hi

we noticed that the /CISCO/MDC/tomcat/logs directory has grown tremendously in size particularly the stdout.log. please suggest a solution to this problem.

Joe Clarke Wed, 07/29/2009 - 08:54
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Post some of the content of this log. My guess is that this could be CSCsr84529 which is fixed in LMS 3.2.

Actions

This Discussion