cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks directory size is increasing rapidly afte installation.

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

After installing the LMS3.1 , the MDC folder in the ciscoworks directory started increasing rapidly. It increased up to the maximum limit of the diskspace.

In that tomacat folder is occupying more space nearly 97% of the space in the disk. Please advise me how to overcome this problem.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What under the tomcat directory is growing? Is it the stdout.log? If so, what is being written to the log?

I have exactly the same issue. Does anybody know the way to fix this? I need to set the maximun Recommended Size Limit in(KBytes), where can I set this parameter?

Logfile rotation is handled by logrot.pl. Search the Common Services online help for more on how to configure and schedule logrot.

yes, it is under the tomcat directory is growing.

But what in that directory is growing exactly? Find the file or files that are growing. Only then can a course of action be determined.

Hi Joe,

We experienced the same problem. Our LMS 3.1 crash and no one can login thru web page. Upon checking the files using CLI in solaris 10, we noticed that the /CISCO/MDC/tomcat/logs directory has grown tremendously in size(124G) particularly the stdout.log. The content of the stdout.log has 'In Broadcast. Exception occured in listLoggedInUsers' w/c repeat so many times. Hope you can help us in solving this problem.

cheers!

reymon

Hi

we noticed that the /CISCO/MDC/tomcat/logs directory has grown tremendously in size particularly the stdout.log. please suggest a solution to this problem.

Post some of the content of this log. My guess is that this could be CSCsr84529 which is fixed in LMS 3.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco