cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what route pattern to be used to allow calls to World wide ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, As per the route pattern rules, 9.@ means dial any where! I have configured 9.@ with a pre-dot, but the internal users cannot make a call to the outside e.g mobile/local/national/international numbers.

I configured another route pattern manually 9.0XXXXXXXXX with pre-dot and now the user can make a call to the local/national/mobile number. The user cannot make a call to international number, now I configured another route pattern 9.0044XXXXXXXXXX e.g UK , and this time the user can dial UK number. I want to have a a route pattern which allow the internal user to make an outside call to any where in the world.

Can any one help me what would be the route pattern ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are confusing 9.@ with 9.!. When you use 9.@, you need to configure route filters that break out what your users are able to dial. If you use 9.!, your users can dial any length of number, but will have to wait for the interdigit timeout before the call is routed. In order to not wait for the timeout, use the pattern 9.!#

*Note*

If you are configuring a dial-peer it would be 9.T

If you are using CUCM, you would use 9.!

My suggestion would be the following, if you are in the US:

Local: 9.[2-9]xxxxxx & 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx

Long Distance:9.1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx

International:9.011! & 9.011!#

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

I think you are confusing 9.@ with 9.!. When you use 9.@, you need to configure route filters that break out what your users are able to dial. If you use 9.!, your users can dial any length of number, but will have to wait for the interdigit timeout before the call is routed. In order to not wait for the timeout, use the pattern 9.!#

*Note*

If you are configuring a dial-peer it would be 9.T

If you are using CUCM, you would use 9.!

My suggestion would be the following, if you are in the US:

Local: 9.[2-9]xxxxxx & 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx

Long Distance:9.1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx

International:9.011! & 9.011!#

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

I have configured 9.@ in my Branch office, and they are making outside calls no problem at all. But wondering why 9.@ is not working here.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: