cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue when transfering calls with Unity

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, One of our customers has an issue with the unity 4.2(1): They have a welcome message, and after it, it is suppossed to transfer the call to the operator.

Everything works perfect, except that it doesn't give a notification tone back to the caller, it just says "wait until we try to transfer your call" and remains silent, althought the operator's phone is ringing. If, for example, the operator is busy with another call, the caller has the sensation that nothing is happening because he/she doesn't hear anything.

It happens with all IP phones, but if you change the operator extension by an analog phone connected to an FXS port, you receive the notification tone correctly.

Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Once the operator answers the call are you able to hear?

WOuld like to know Which codec did you use while integrating Unity With Callmanager?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, once the operator answers the call goes on normally.

The codec being used is G711ulaw

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a TSP issue or codec.

Make sure you are using latest TSP version on Unity. (download from CCO and install, reboot, retest)

Sometimes it's a simple restart of Unity will reset odd issues. If it was working before, and now it's not... and nothing has changed, then Id reboot the server first.

Hello,

Yes I've been consiedeing the possibility of reloading the unity server as a first step of troubleshooting and we'll be doing this today.

If it fails, I'll try to update the TSP to the last compatible version, as you suggest.

Thanks for your help, I'll post it if I get the solution with this steps