I have 3750 cores that handle L3 traffic for the vlans. These 3750 connect to another 7200 which is used to inter -site traffic. Now since I ran into an SVI counter limitation on the c3750, I wanted to monitor traffic on a vlan 6 some how. I thought of taking this vlan alone to a router on stick config.
* I chose a spare interface on 7200 config is with IP address 10.X.6.1 /24 ( for vlan)
* connected this int of 7200 to one of the cores ( configured that switchport as access vlan 6 )so that the 7200 interface will belong to same broadcast domain.
* shut the layer 3 inteface for the vlan 6 on the cores.
* now I was confident about this behaviour, until i discovered the dhcp was nt working(especially new releases, renewal releases where working fine)
* i added the ip helper command to the 7200 interface, But still broken.
Am I missing something here?
I can ping the dhcp servers from the 7200 though?