cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 877 - ADSL errors

edwardforgacs
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with a Cisco 877 router set up with an ADSL2+ Annex-M link. When the "show dsl interfaces" command is issued, the upstream channel is indicating an incredibly high number of CRC and header errors (32250366 and 10623273 respectively). In contrast, the downstream channel shows a comparatively modest number of errors which I believe is normal for a less-than-perfect line (282 and 255 respectively).

However, what is strange is that while the downstream error counters reset to zero when the router is restarted and gradually increase, the upstream error counters never seem to reset, they increase by about 10-20 when the ADSL connection is re-established, then don't ever increase by even 1.

The incredibly high number of errors could be explained by a faulty filter which was previously being used on the line.

Is there some way to completely reset the upstream counters now that this is resolved? The very high numbers at the moment make it hard to monitor.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These can be due to a firmware bug. If you have CCO access you can download a very latest ADSL FW and hope it will fix that.

I do have Smartnet for the device and I believe it is running the latest firmware already, version 3.0.00.

Latest is 3.0.43, accessible via ftp only, /cisco/access/800

Sorry, I am actually running 3.0.33 currently. I have not upgraded to 3.0.39 or 3.0.43 because they are recommended for specific carriers only, not for general deployment.

What I've found is that they solve real and general problems instead.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card