Hi all. I have 2 windows machines running acs 4.1. I am just installing the second machine to a new region. I want to know that what shall i do about all 150 routers i have added ? is it possible to some how sync both acs servers such that when one goes down, other can be contacted. Do i need to enter all of the data again or is there some automatic way such that when i make a change on the primary server its automatically replicated to other acs ?
ACS replication is one way replication ( From primary to secondary). So you need to bring up second acs and configure it for replication. After replication it will have all configuration as per primary acs.
Please make sure that replication is setup correctly. (Check list)
1) Make sure that you are not replicating over NAT. Replication over NAT does not work because the IP is used as part of the server authentication.
2) Next, check to make sure that you are not sending or receiving the distribution table. On the primary server, the distribution table should not be checked in the send list, and on the secondary, the distribution table should not be checked for receive.
3) Then I would like you to check in the secondary server's partner list, to make sure that the primary is not listed. You should not enter the primary server into the partner list on the secondary server. However, the primary server should have all secondary servers listed in its partner list.
4) Ensure that the secondary server has it's replication scheduling set to "manual".
5) Please verify that your servers are all running exactly the same ACS version and build.
6) Also let me know if we have any firewall in between two acs servers.
Please see this link for replication scheduling option,
Do rate helpful post