Views
Helpful
Replies

Cable modem connection to internet

MKCHAURASIA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am working on seting up a lab connecting a 3640 router to internet via cable modem, I have attached the network dia and sample config.

I am sucessfull getting the IP add assigned to internet facing router Interface from ISP and I can ping google from my router, problem is my laptop connected to switch to the the router can not ping any internet site nor the default gateway of router interface

please assist me in getting working config for this senario.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

On your diagram e0/1 config is 192.168.1.2 The DG for the PC is .1

Are you sure the router has .1?

Can the switch ping the router or the PC?

switch ip add is 192.168.1.2 router e0/1 ip add is 192.168.1.1

the strange thing is that router can ping the switch and switch can ping the PC but pc can not ping the router ?

I worked it out many times trying to do the config from scratch but it never works also I tried to eliminate the switch by directly connecting the pc with crossover cable to router but at this point router has internet connectivity but pc can not ping router or internet. i have tried disabling windows firewall, also the AVG

please assist as this is my base lab and I want to do many labs based on this lab ..

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card